Thursday, January 5, 2012

Whycan’tIdoeverythingalwaysallofthetime?


I am sitting quietly at my desk but in my mind I am running down the street
I am screaming at the top of my lungs I am dancing like a wild thing in the streets I am singing in a 200 ft tall cathedral I am singing in the shower I am singing at the Met I am singing in the grand canyon I am kicking up my feet I am calmly occupying warrior pose I am painting my fingernails lime green, grey, beige, red, gold, emerald I am cutting my hair I am dying it purple
I have a mohawk I am ten feet tall I am two feet tall I have a quiet beige simplicity I am feasting on mountains and mountains of luxurious dishes I am wasted
I am running
I am running through this building and toppling cubicle walls I am running through this building and through my body with a warm embrace I am infusing everyone I see with all of the love and acceptance and hope and confidence and faith that can pour from deep deep deep inside of me
I am laughing until I pee I am crying until I run out of tears I am exalting.
I am sitting quietly at my desk. 
My typing creates quiet percussive cacophony of music in my 5 foot domain. 
My awkward company Christmas card and Mars brand Snoopy look at me in muted expectation. 
The spaceman on my water bottle grooves to the funk of a space jam from another world. 
My car keys sit enticingly on their peace-sign-carabiner (a gift from my father) begging me to run for it.
...
I am sitting quietly at my desk. 
...

1 comment: