Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Don't read this. Just go eat that entire cake.

Okay.  So there's this thing, maybe not all people have it but I think a lot of people do, where the best possible way of getting you to do something is by saying not to do it.

Here's an example:
"Danielle, tie your shoes."
"No man, whatever, it's fine. Oh look! Swings!"
**Danielle runs towards swingset, trips on shoelaces, and permanently scars both knees.**

Or maybe:
"Danielle, don't eat that entire cake.  You're gonna get sick."
"Psht!  I love cake. I'll be fine."


It's not like I don't normally tie my shoes, or like I always eat lots of cake.  It's the presence of the warning that invites me to do it.  I should also admit that this is not something I did a while ago and like, outgrew.  These examples are recent.  Ummmm..shutup. Don't judge. 

Anyway, here is my conundrum of the day.  I wish that taking care of your body (being healthy, eating healthy food, excercising) didn't feel so damn good.  It makes it much less fun to follow my natural urge to misbehave.  As soon as the little angel on my shoulder says, "Danielle, you're going to work out more and eat better.  You'll feel great!" The little sonuvabitch on the other shoulder says, "It's a rule! Break it!  It will be so fun! Hooray mischeif!"

Again, cut to the scene from Matilda.  But I'll be damned if an hour later, or a day later, or a week later, I don't feel like shit!  But then when I listen to the little angel, I almost always feel better.  Stupid angel.  Anyway, for future inspiration to be good to your body, please feel free to reference this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment